The BNYC strives to create an atmosphere where students are inspired to follow their musical passions. We aim to support those passions through fun and exciting activities that stretch them musically all while encouraging the development of healthy vocal technique and choral singing.
Day: Thursdays (Sept.-May)
Time: 5-6:30pm (times may vary depending on enrollment)
Location : South Davis Elementary School, Orchard Park
Division of Singers : Singers will be divided into 2 or more choirs based on grade level and enrollment numbers, possibly changing the time or duration of rehearsals.
What will singers do/learn in BNYC?
- Healthy Singing Technique for young singers
- Exploration of music and the vocal instrument through group movement
- Music Literacy – learning the musical language through rhythmic and melodic sight singing exercises, playing of instruments, body percussion, etc.
- Preparing for 2-3 choral performances through the study and practice of a wide variety of choral music.
Tuition collected is used to cover the costs of music, folders, venues, insurance, staff salaries, guest musicians, recordings, etc.
- $395 for entire season/ $45month
- Siblings of a current registered singer receives a $50 discount
- Refer a friend – receive a one time $50 discount on the current years tuition – referee also receives a $50 discount on their tuition
Tuition Assistance is available for families with financial need and can be located on the BNC website (www.bnchoirs.org) under the BNYC tab.
The BNYC performance schedule consists of 2 main concerts (late January and late May) and a choral invitational (Spring) where we invite young area singers to spend the weekend making music with us!
Occasionally other performance opportunities will present themselves after our concert schedule has been set. These events are important to consider as it gives our singers additional opportunities to perform, but they won’t always be the right fit at the right time. The acceptance of these invitations will only be made after very careful consideration of additional preparation time, singer availability, etc. Once an informed decision is made to participate in an extra performance, communication with BNYC families will be made right away.
BNYC Artistic Director