About the Buffalo Master Chorale
The Master Chorale, formed in 2012, is an auditioned ensemble of experienced volunteer and professional adult singers from diverse backgrounds.
Dr. Daniel Bassin was appointed Director at the beginning of the 2017-2018 season.
The Chorale’s repertoire includes chamber music and choral symphonic literature, opera, modern-day works by living composers, gospel, popular music, and commissioned pieces.
- Artistic Excellence: Achieving the highest standards of vocal and choral performance.
- Dedication: Sharing the joy of choral music and music making through a community of dedicated singers, staff, and volunteers.
- Collaboration: Cultivating rewarding partnerships with individual artists, cultural, artistic and educational organizations, and businesses and nonprofits.
- Education: Educating ourselves and our audiences through ongoing learning and teaching.
- Community Service: Enriching the world in which we live through music, outreach, and service.
- Diversity: Celebrating the diversity of our music, singers, audiences, and communities.
- Integrity: Operating an effective and trustworthy organization as stewards of the resources provided to us.
Artistic Excellence is the cornerstone of our mission. Through masterful education and thorough preparation, we equip ourselves to deliver inspired performances every time. Pouring our heart and soul into the music is, and always will be, what it is all about.
For each and every one of our singers, music is more than just a pastime: it is a passion. Together, we foster an environment of diversity, respect, and transparency, so that every voice can be heard.
Collaboration, education, and outreach are essential to our mission. We extend the reach of our performances by collaborating with other artists, musical and otherwise. We encourage growth of the choral discipline by engaging and educating students. We give back to the community that helps us thrive through outreach.
We recognize that financial security is essential to achieving our goals. Because of this, it is our responsibility to our donors to deliver fully on our mission every day so that we can continue to thrive.